New and Revolutionary Cleaning Magnets! These are the strongest floating aquarium algae cleaning magnets available that are safe for glass and acrylic aquariums. The inner cleaning assembly is made of high quality injected molded durable ABS plastic, which, when disengaged from the outer assembly, floats to the top of your aquarium.
The new "Plus Series" has a detachable and replaceable scraper blade for glass (stainless steel) or acrylic (plastic) aquariums and will make algae cleaning quick and easy. With its large 4" x 2" cleaning area and extra strong magnets it will zip through the toughest of algae. Its floating inner assembly will float to the surface if disengaged for easy retrieval.
Benefits of a "floating" inner cleaning assembly:
- Enables vigorous algae scrubbing without worry of detachment and having to dig the cleaner off the bottom of your aquarium, scaring your fish, damaging the aquatic environment, and ultimately getting all wet.
- Strong, impenetrable injected molded durable ABS plastic inner magnetic housing is fresh and saltwater safe and will not corrode or rust. Therefore, you can leave it in your aquarium all the time.
- When substrate, gravel etc. get caught in the cleaning pad of aquarium algae cleaning magnets (which does occur from time to time) you can just disengage the inner assembly and it will float to the top so you can clean off the scrubbing pad. No more scratches.
- Lighter inner cleaning assembly makes for a stronger magnetic attraction, better cleaning ability and easy maneuverability around corners.
- No more strings to get tangled.
- New larger cleaning area (4" x 2") for faster cleaning of aquarium walls.
- New even stronger "rare earth magnets" for super cleaning power.
- Outer magnetic assembly made out of solid oak, cut and professionally finished with a golden oak finish.
- True cleaning strength!
- Replaceable natural felt pads on outer assembly are glass and acrylic safe -- no need for separate pads.
- Medical grade glass scrubbing pad and acrylic safe pad holder that is non-toxic and aquaria safe.
- Replaceable inner scrubbing pads for superior product life.
- Glass and acrylic aquariums 5/8" and 3/4" thick
- Glass aquariums holding 200 to 350 gallons
- Acrylic aquariums 72" long and 36" high; 96" long and 30" high, or 120" long and 24" high
Algae Free Aquarium Supplies
Algae Free is a Madison, WI based company that is best known for their impressive line of aquarium cleaning magnets. Far from your run-of-the-mill refrigerator magnet, Algae Free uses Neodymium (Nd on the periodic table), a rare earth magnet, to create what are widely considered the strongest and most effective aquarium cleaning magnets on the market. The inner assemblies of their magnets are non-toxic and can be left inside of your aquarium at all times without ever rusting. The replaceable natural felt pad on the outer assembly is glass and acrylic safe and the magnets float so you’ll never have to fish it out of your substrate. Algae Free also produces a wildly popular line of magnetic powerhead holders that replace the unreliable suction cups that are generally included with aquarium powerheads. An upgrade kit for the best-selling Maxi-Jet powerhead line is the latest addition to Algae Free’s growing arsenal of high-quality aquarium supplies.